Effectiveness of self enhancement programme (SEP) on self-esteem among undergraduate nursing students

Original Article

Author Details : Arun Kuma Jindal, Loyd Melwyn Mendonca*, Mavitha V. G

Volume : 1, Issue : 3, Year : 2018

Article Page : 48-51

Suggest article by email


Introduction: The aim of the study is to investigate nursing student’s self-esteem and to find the effectiveness of SEP in enhancing the self-esteem of the nursing students, thereby improving their psychological wellbeing in Maharaja Agrasen College of Nursing Agroha, Haryana, India.
Material and Methods: Sampling technique was done in two different phases. Standardized Rosenberg’s Self Esteem Scale was used to assess self-esteem of adolescences. Pretest was done among 87 undergraduate nursing students, out of that 30 sample was given intervention based on their self-esteem score. Researchers divided the sample into five groups each group consisted of six members for better subject participation in SEP. Posttest was done on the closing day of the SEP.
Results: In the present study out of 87 participants, 30 (34.50 %) of the participants have low self-esteem and the rest 57 (65.50 %) have high self-esteem. The present study also concludes that Self Enhancement Program was effective in improving self-esteem among nursing students t=14.724, p=0.001.
Conclusion: SEP is an effective intervention in improving self-esteem of undergraduate nursing student.

Keywords: Self Enhancement Program (SEP) Self Esteem, Nursing Students

How to cite : Jindal A K, Mendonca L M, Mavitha V. G, Effectiveness of self enhancement programme (SEP) on self-esteem among undergraduate nursing students. J Paediatr Nurs Sci 2018;1(3):48-51

Copyright © 2018 by author(s) and J Paediatr Nurs Sci. This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (creativecommons.org)

View Article

PDF File  

Copyright permission

Get article permission for commercial use


PDF File    

Article Access statistics

Viewed: 1055

PDF Downloaded: 495

Open Abstract (Increase article citation) Wiki in hindi